so my problem is also,

my user name and password is saved in db.

thze following links gave me no solution for
1. handle that j_security_check match it with the db data
2. if i want to encrypt password first and compare it with value in db

but generally, how i can use container managed security with a db
with duncan mills i know how how i react with j_security_check, but not where
j_security_check gets its data for match

all new stuff for me...

does anyone has any example for compining db with j_security_check

actually i do it like in mailreader:
                // find customer
                Customers customer = customersFacade.findByEmail(email);

                // one already in db and password match
                if ((customer != null) &&
(customer.getPassword().equals(password))) {
                        sessionFacade.setLoginMode("customer");
                        sessionFacade.setCustomer(customer);
                        return true;
                }