Debugged things a little bit:

        at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.getRenderer(UIComponentBase.java:738)
        at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.getRendersChildren(UIComponentBase.java:307)
        at
org.apache.shale.clay.faces.ClayViewHandler.recursiveRender(ClayViewHandler.java:462)
        at
org.apache.shale.clay.faces.ClayViewHandler.renderView(ClayViewHandler.java:398)

At the viewhandler in line 462 all is fine, a context is there.
But when the children are going to be rendered, the call to
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance() returns null.

Might this be a bug in the jsf implemantation or does shale destroy
things which it shouldn't?
Any help would be nice - i don't know why the context gets lost,
something i should look for in clay or shale which would be nice debug
points?

Torsten