Hi

I guess this is first and foremost targeted at Rahul: Does anybody know of an
opensource tool (preferably Eclipse based) that will let you model Dialogs flow
(i.e Statediagrams) and from that create scxml files?

<snip/>

None that I'm aware of. Clearly, one of the links in the value
proposition illustrated by the picture here [1] remains yet to be
realized for most of us.

The plugin snapped in that picture, which is the only one I've used,
is a prototype developed specifically for Rational tooling. I
understand the intent is to make it available on alphaworks, and that
its likely to take months.

A recent thread on the Commons list [2] drew out some references to
XSLT based tooling that works off of XMI-complaint UML diagrams (to
SVG etc., but could similarly transform to SCXML from state machine or
activity diagrams, if someone were to actually dig in).

On a slightly positive note, I have come across enough independent
interest among users towards realizing such tooling. We can also
probably expect tooling choices to emerge as the SCXML specification
at the W3C matures beyond a Working Draft (they say now it could go
last call 3Q07, its always a bit of a moving target).

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/
[2]
http://www.nabble.com/-scxml--Is-there-any-visualization-tool---tf2649035.html