On 1/11/07, JS Portal support team <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I have a backing bean which extends an abstract backing bean extending
the AbstractViewController. I use preprocess to enlist resources that
need to be committed once the entire request is done. However,
preprocess never gets called, while init does get called. Could anyone
point me to clues why this might be and what common scenarios are when
this happens.

One very common mistake is to attempt to place your ViewController bean in
session scope.  If you are doing that, it's not going to work (but you
should look at the Dialog capabilities for techniques of maintaining state
across requests).  If that is not your situation, could you please post
snippets of your faces-config.xml describing the managed bean that you have
defined?

Thank you,
joost

Craig