On 1/16/07, Costa Basil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Today, I added some code for calling bean methods from ajax via shale
remoting and to my wonder I discovered the mechanisms for executing bean
calls are enabled by default.

I don't think this is right. I think they should be disabled by default,
and they should be enabled once the configuration settings are added to the
web.xml. When I added shale core and shale remoting to my project I didn't
have time to read the remoting documentation (I didn't have to use it at
that time) and I didn't think shale would provide ways to poke server code
by default. Is there anything else that I should be aware of?

Anyway, I want to enable access only to one bean. I used the
DYNAMIC_RESOURCES_INCLUDES directive, but this doesn't make any difference.
I didn't understand from the documentation how shale processes the
DYNAMIC_RESOURCES_INCLUDES and DYNAMIC_RESOURCES_EXCLUDES parameters and I
didn't have time to read the code. Can someone explain this?

The other way would be to use the default web app security settings.

The 1.0.3 release did not support the restriction init parameters like
DYNAMIC_RESOURCES_INCLUDES, but the upcoming 1.0.4 release (currently being
voted on) does support them.

Thanks

Craig