I have a Shale 1.0.3 + Facelets + JSF 1.1 setup running nicely.
However, I observed a disconcerting problem.

I neglected to package a necessary library (buisness code, not framework
code) with my project and then ran the application.  Normally, a
bone-headed move like this would be rewarded with a stack trace a mile
long.  Surprisingly, the only error I saw was a 505 error reported in
the browser.  Nothing on the console and nothing in the logs.

This issue is causing me a lot of anxiety because I tend to commit a
large number of bone-headed moves.  Is there a "debug" setting I need to
add somewhere to ensure that Exceptions bubble all the way up?

E-Mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading
the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective action against such code. Sender is not
liable for any loss or damage arising from this message.

It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone
else is unauthorized.