On 1/30/07, Paul Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Version 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT

I would like a transition to be selected when a bean's field is not empty. If
the field is
an empty string, "", or null I do not want the transition executed.  Below is
the syntax in JSF EL.
   #{not empty dialogData.companyId}

What is the equivalent in SCXML?

   <transition ... cond=" ? "/>

<snip/>

${not empty dialogData.companyId}

The SCXML implementation often doesn't have the liberty of knowing
anything about the expression based on the location of the expression
within the document (though cond attribute values are expected to
evaluate to booleans, in this particular case).

The evaluator Javadoc is here [1], and lists some relevant details.

-Rahul

[1]
http://shale.apache.org/shale-dialog-scxml/apidocs/org/apache/shale/dialog/scxml/ShaleDialogELEvaluator.html

Paul Spencer