On 2/2/07, Adrian Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

Is there a good IDE (drag and drop and autocompletion for EL expressions
and tags) for facelets or Clay technology ?

What IDE are you using to create JSF apps ?

NetBeans has out-of-the-box support for autocompletion of EL expressions in
a JSP page.  For facelets, there is a fairly new plugin[1] that I haven't
tried yet, but is worth checking out.

(By the way, and it's definitely not ready for prime time yet, I also just
started a NetBeans plugin project for general Shale support[2].  Anyone who
wants to contribute Clay related editing, or any other Shale features, for
NB is welcome to join!)

Craig

[1] https://nbfaceletssupport.dev.java.net
[2] https://nbshalesupport.dev.java.net

My current purpose is to see if one can use JSF for mainstream development
(developers with little
experience in Java / web technologies), so drag & drop,
autocompletion would be a must - the company has currently developed ~100
web apps.

Seeking advice on the trinidad user list, I've been given pointers to use
facelets or shale Clay, to really AVOID JSP for rendering, and to ask to
this mailing list (thanks Gary for the tip !), since there's a lot of
knowledgeable people (such as Ryan Wynn ;)).

I'm just using IBM RAD 6, and it's quite difficult (ibm proprietary
components, JSF 1.0, JSP...) - I've integrated myfaces on it, simulating
dummy ibm components - since IBM's are tied to SUN RI, but it's doesn't
appear to be a good solution even if it's working.

Thanks

P.S. sorry this question is not really a Shale question

Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions
!
Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des
internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com