On 3/12/07, Veit Guna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi.

I'm trying to get the basic dialog feature of shale 1.0.4 working. I've added the jars
view, dialog, basic-dialog, core to my classpath and created a dialog xml file in
WEB-INF. Now when I try in a h:commandLink an action like "dialog:myDialog" a
NullPointerException occurs:

java.lang.NullPointerException
       at
org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.BasicDialogManager.create(BasicDialogManager.java:97)
       at
org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.BasicDialogManager.create(BasicDialogManager.java:87)
       at
org.apache.shale.dialog.faces.DialogNavigationHandler.handleNavigation(DialogNavigationHandler.java:121)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:84)
       at
org.apache.shale.view.faces.ViewActionListener.processAction(ViewActionListener.java:74)
       at

I've taken a look at the BasicDialogManager. It tries to use an uninitialized
Map. I guess it should be initialized by the BasicLifecycleListener but it
isn't. Any hints, what I've forgotten?

Do I have to put the BasicLifecycleListener somewhere manually?

In general, you should *not* have to configure this listener manually.
It is registered in a listener defined in the
shale-dialog-basic-xxx.jar file that you're including.  However, not
all containers properly implement registering listeners in a TLD
inside a JAR file.  What container and version are you running on?

Craig

Regards,
Veit

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out