Hi there,

I noticed one misconception I had about tiles with shale. I thought I could
have a backing bean for each tile, but it seems you only should have one
backing bean per tiles (layout) definition. So that seems to be working.

Now on the other hand I experience some strange behaviour. When I click a
link from within a tiled page, it gets refreshed and serves up the same page
again. Then the second time I click the same page, the navigation is
successful. The same link outside a tiled page works as expected. The
navigation is:

<navigation-rule>
  <from-view-id>*</from-view-id>
  <navigation-case>
        <from-outcome>go_user_dashboard</from-outcome>
        <to-view-id>/user_dashboard_view</to-view-id>
   </navigation-case>
</navigation-rule>

Link:
<h:form id="test">
    <t:commandLink value="click me" action="go_user_dashboard"/>
</h:form>

My logs do show that the backing bean for the /user_dashboard_view is only
initiated upon the second request of the view when accessed from within a
tiled view.

The same goes for a navigating to a non-tiled page from within a tiled page.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Joost

JS Portal - Support