Fra: AM101 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 27. april 2007 16:50
Til: user@shale.apache.org
Emne: Re: SV: SV: SV: How to initialize a bean before initial display

My backing bean is request-scoped and it is mapped in faces-config.xml.

But I am using ADF and now I want to use shale going forward. I added
shale-application.jar, shale-core.jar and shale-view.jar to my existing
library. I also modified web.xml and added following entries:

<!-- Shale Application Controller Filter -->
        <filter>
                <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
                <filter-class>

org.apache.shale.application.faces.ShaleApplicationFilter
                </filter-class>
        </filter>

        <!-- Shale Application Controller Filter Mapping -->
        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

I don't get any exception at startup and My backing bean is extending
AbstractViewController but init() method is never called by the controller.