From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Craig
McClanahan
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 2:46 PM
To: user@shale.apache.org
Subject: Re: AJAX and shale (sub)dialog

On 5/2/07, JS Portal Support <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Craig,
>
> First off, thanks for your elaborate explanation. I believe I'm slowly
> starting to get a better grasp of all subtleties involved. Remoting seems
> great for a situation where only one call to the server needs to be made
> without state saving.
>
> - Is it possible to make a remoting call to a regular *.jsf page which may
> contain commandLink's and other jsf components?
>
> As for the ContentPane I must apologize as by popup I did not mean a new
> window, but a floating div acting as a dojo ContentPane (see attachement).
>
> - In this situation, is it possible to start a subdialog from the floating
> ConetntPane without affecting the underlying page?

The mailing list blocks most attachments, so I didn't see what you
attached ... but Shale Dialogs has two restrictions to be aware of:

* Only one active dialog per window or frame.  If the Dojo ContentPane
  used an IFrame, this might not be a problem, but if it is just a <div>
  that is getting dynamically updated, then this won't work.

* Shale Dialog assumes that the popup UI is actually composed
  with JSF components.  Since that is not the case here, it seems
  like Remoting might be a better solution.

Craig

> Thanks,
> Joost

As