On 6/28/07, Werner Punz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everybody, I am just digging through the shale dialog codebase.
Maybe I am missing something here, but I cannot see following usecase
covered.
A User is in a dialog and exits the dialog by altering the url...
Now what happens then?
I cannot see any codepart of where the dialog then is dropped
and an event is issued to its referencing dialogcontext listeners.

At least for the "basic" implementation (probably the SCXML one as
well), you're correct ... the identifier for the current dialog
context is saved and restored as part of the JSF component tree state,
which gets lost if you manually alter the URL in the browser (and
therefore cause a new component tree to be created).

Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

It's definitely a non-covered use case :-), so please do file an
issue.  Figuring out what to do about it will be kind of interesting
... for example, you can't just assume that a request (in the same
session) that doesn't include a JSF component tree (with the context
identifier) means that all existing dialog contexts should be
terminated ... that would have nasty consequences for things link
stylesheet and Javascript links.

Werner

Craig