Hi Brian,
Thank you for the response.

On 2022/01/25 16:10:40 Brian Demers wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Shiro's JAX-RS support requires the use of a servlet stack, (or an
> equivalent filter in your application)

Are you aware of an appropriate filter which can be used within the NutchServer
CXF service I referenced or do you think I need to rewrite the server in the
servlet paradigm?

> This can be auto configured if your container supports it:
> https://github.com/apache/shiro/blob/1.8.x/samples/jaxrs/pom.xml#L69-L72

Thanks for this reference, I'll take a look into this.

> Otherwise you can configure a web.xml, similar to this:
> https://github.com/apache/shiro/blob/1.8.x/support/servlet-plugin/src/main/resources/META-INF/web-fragment.xml

Yeah this is why i asked the question above as to whether a migration to a
different architecture would be required.
Again, thanks for any guidance.
lewismc