I looked over the specs on page 9 from
http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2012/EECS-2012-259.pdf
The first paragraph mentions the window size is 30 seconds "Word-Count, which
performs a sliding window count over 30s;
and TopKCount, which finds the k most frequent words over the past 30s. "

The second paragraph mentions subsecond latency.

Putting these 2 together, is the paper saying that in the 30 sec window the
tuples are delayed at most 1 second?

The paper explains "By "end-to-end latency," we mean the time from when records
are sent to the system to when results incorporating them appear." This leads
me to conclude that end-to-end latency for a 30 sec window should be at least
30 seconds because results won't be incorporated until the entire window is
completed ie: 30sec. At the same time the paper claims latency is sub second so
clearly I'm misunderstanding something.

-Adrian