Flavio, the two are best at two orthogonal use cases, HBase on the
transactional side, and Spark on the analytic side. Spark is not intended
for row-based random-access updates, while far more flexible and efficient
in dataset-scale aggregations and general computations.

So yes, you can easily see them deployed side-by-side in a given enterprise.

Sent while mobile. Pls excuse typos etc.