Does spark support extending and registering a KryoSerializer class in an
application jar?

An example of why you might want to do this would be to always register
some set of common classes within an organization while still allowing the
particular application jar to use a kryo registrator to register additional
serializers for it's own uses.

When I try the naive approach of extending KryoSerializer in my application
jar and registering that class in my SparkConf under the "spark.serializer"
key, my executors all die complaining they can't find my class.