Good question! I am also new to the JVM and would appreciate some tips.

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 5:19 AM, wxhsdp <wxh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all
>   i have some questions about debug in spark:
>   1) when application finished, application UI is shut down, i can not see
> the details about the app, like
>       shuffle size, duration time, stage information... there are not
> sufficient informations in the master UI.
>      do i need to hang the application on?

We added a flag to our application that causes it to sleep indefinitely at
the end for exactly this reason. Admittedly the logs contain everything to
reconstruct the same data. But the web UI is easier to understand at a
glance.

  2) how to get details about each task the executor run? like memory
> usage...

I had success with using VisualVM on the executor to see details about its
memory and CPU use.

  3) since i'am not familiar with JVM. do i need to run the program step by