in spark kafka example,

it says

   `./bin/run-example org.apache.spark.streaming.examples.KafkaWordCount
local[2] zoo01,zoo02,zoo03 my-consumer-group topic1,topic2 1`

can any one tell me what does local[2] represent ? i thought master url
should be sth like spark://hostname:portname .

also, the thread count is specified as 1 in kafka example, what will happen
thread count goes to more than 1 ? does that mean multiple kafka consumer
will be created on different spark workers ? I'm not sure how does the code
mapped to realtime worker thread allocation ? Is there any documentation on
that ?

Weide