Hi Sparkers,

We have created a quick spark_gce script which can launch a spark cluster
in the Google Cloud. I'm sharing it because it might be helpful for someone
using the Google Cloud for deployment rather than AWS.

Here's the link to the script

https://github.com/sigmoidanalytics/spark_gce

Feel free to use it and suggest any feedback around it.

In short here's what it does:

Just like the spark_ec2 script, this one also reads certain command-line
arguments (See the github
page<https://github.com/sigmoidanalytics/spark_gce> for
more details) like the cluster name and all, then starts the machines in
the google cloud, sets up the network, adds a 500GB empty disk to all
machines, generate the ssh keys on master and transfer it to all slaves and
install java and downloads and configures Spark/Shark/Hadoop. Also it
starts the shark server automatically. Currently the version is 0.9.1 but
I'm happy to add/support more versions if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

Thanks
Best Regards