Dear Prof. Lin,

Interesting! We had an implementation of L-BFGS in Spark and already merged
in the upstream now.

We read your paper comparing TRON and OWL-QN for logistic regression with
L1 (http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/papers/l1.pdf), but it seems that
it's not in the distributed setup.

Will be very interesting to know the L2 logistic regression benchmark
result in Spark with your TRON optimizer and the L-BFGS optimizer against
different datasets (sparse, dense, and wide, etc).

I'll try your TRON out soon.

Sincerely,

DB Tsai
My Blog: https://www.dbtsai.com