Thank you for the specific points about the advantages Scala provides over
other languages. Looking at several code samples, the reduction of
boilerplate code over Java is one of the biggest plusses, to me.

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Marek Kolodziej <mkolod....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would advise others to form their opinions based on experiencing it for
> themselves, rather than reading what random people say on Hacker News. :)

Just a nitpick here: What I said was "It looks like the language is fairly
controversial on [Hacker News.]" That was just an observation of what I saw
on HN, not a statement of my opinion. I know very little about Scala (or
Java, for that matter) and definitely don't have a well-formed opinion on
the matter.

Nick