I think that you have two options:

- to run your code locally, you can use local mode by using the 'local'
master like so:
 new SparkConf().setMaster("local[4]")  where 4 is the number of cores
assigned to the local mode.

- to run your code remotely you need to build the jar with dependencies and
add it to your context.
new SparkConf().setMaster("spark://uri
").addJars(Array("/path/to/target/jar-with-dependencies.jar")
You will need to run maven before running your program to ensure the latest
version of your jar is built.

-regards, Gerard.