At this time, you need to do one-vs-all manually for multiclass
training. For your second question, if the algorithm is implemented in
Java/Scala/Python and designed for single machine, you can broadcast
the dataset to each worker, train models on workers. If the algorithm
is implemented in a different language, maybe you need pipe to train
the models outside JVM (similar to Hadoop Streaming). If the algorithm
is designed for a different parallel platform, then it may be hard to
use it in Spark. -Xiangrui