Great! I was going to implement one of my own - but I may not need to do that
any more :)
I haven't had a chance to look deep into your code but I would recommend
accepting an RDD[Double,Double] as well, instead of just a file.
val data = IOHelper.readDataset(sc, "/path/to/my/data.csv")
And other distance measures ofcourse.

Thanks,
Vipul