I wouldn't be surprised if the default BLAS that ships with jblas is not
optimized for your target platform. Breeze (which we call into, uses either
jblas and falls back to netlib if jblas can't be loaded.) I'd recommend
using jblas if you can.

You probably want to compile a native BLAS library specifically for your
target system using ATLAS or OpenBLAS. Take a look at the jblas github page
for instructions on building jblas and linking with ATLAS that has been
tuned to your system. (https://github.com/mikiobraun/jblas)