I did try creating more partitions by overriding the default number of
partitions determined by HDFS splits. Problem is, in this case program will
run for ever. I have same set of inputs for map reduce and spark. Where map
reduce is taking 2 mins, spark is taking 5 min to complete the job. I
thought because all of the executors are not being utilized properly my
spark program is running slower than map reduce. I can provide you my code
skeleton for your reference. Please help me with this.