Hi Jayati,

Thanks for asking! MLlib algorithms are all implemented in Scala. It
makes us easier to maintain if we have the implementations in one
place. For the roadmap, please visit
http://www.slideshare.net/xrmeng/m-llib-hadoopsummit to see features
planned for v1.1. Before contributing new algorithms, it would be
great if you can start with working on an existing JIRA.

Best,
Xiangrui