Some people (me included) might have wondered why all our m1.large spot
instances (in us-west-1) shut down a few hours ago...

Simple reason: The EC2 spot price for Spark's default "m1.large" instances
just jumped from 0.016 per hour, to about 0.750. Yes, Fifty times. Probably
something to do with world cup.

So far this is just us-west-1, but prices have a tendency to equalize
across centers as the days pass. Time to make backups and plans.

"m3" spot prices are still down at $0.02 (and being new, will be bypassed
by older systems), so it would be REAAALLYY nice if there had been some
progress on that issue. Let me know if I can help with testing and whatnot.

--
Jeremy Lee  BCompSci(Hons)
  The Unorthodox Engineers