I use SBT, create an assembly, and then add the assembly jars when I create
my spark context. The main executor I run with something like "java -cp ...
MyDriver".

That said - as of spark 1.0 the preferred way to run spark applications is
via spark-submit -
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/submitting-applications.html