I'm working to set up a calculation that involves calling
mllib's SVMWithSGD.train several thousand times on different permutations
of the data. I'm trying to run the separate jobs using a threadpool to
dispatch the different requests to a spark context connected a Mesos's
cluster, using course scheduling, and a max of 2000 cores on Spark 1.0.
Total utilization of the system is terrible. Most of the 'aggregate at
GradientDescent.scala:178' stages(where mllib spends most of its time) take
about 3 seconds, but have ~25 seconds of scheduler delay time.
What kind of things can I do to improve this?

Kyle