Hi:

I am using spark to stream data to cassandra and it works fine in local mode.
But when I execute the application in a standalone clustered env I got
exception included below (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/codehaus/jackson/annotate/JsonClass).

I think this is due to the jackson-core-asl dependency conflict
(jackson-core-asl 1.8.8 has the JsonClass but 1.9.x does not).  The 1.9.x
version is being pulled in by spark-sql project.  I tried adding
jackson-core-asl 1.8.8 with --jars argument while submitting the application
for execution but it did not work.  So I created a custom spark build excluding
sql project.  With this custom spark install I was able to resolve the issue at
least on a single node cluster (separate master and worker).

If there is an alternate way to resolve this conflicting jar issue without a
custom build (eg: configuration to use the user defined jars in the executor
class path first), please let me know.

Also, is there a comprehensive list of configuration properties available for
spark ?

Thanks

Mans

Exception trace

 TaskSetManager: Loss was due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/annotate/JsonClass
at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.introspect.JacksonAnnotationIntrospector.findDeserializationType(JacksonAnnotationIntrospector.java:524)
at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.BasicDeserializerFactory.modifyTypeByAnnotation(BasicDeserializerFactory.java:732)
at

org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.BasicDeserializerFactory.createCollectionDeserializer(BasicDeserializerFactory.java:229)
at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializerProvider._createDeserializer(StdDeserializerProvider.java:386)
at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializerProvider._createAndCache2(StdDeserializerProvider.java:307)
at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializerProvider._createAndCacheValueDeserializer(StdDeserializerProvider.java:287)
at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializerProvider.findValueDeserializer(StdDeserializerProvider.java:136)
at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializerProvider.findTypedValueDeserializer(StdDeserializerProvider.java:157)
at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._findRootDeserializer(ObjectMapper.java:2468)
at
 org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2402)
at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:1602)