As Andrew explained, the port is random rather than 4040, as the the spark
driver is started in Application Master and the port is random selected.

But I have the similar UI issue. I am running Yarn Cluster mode against my
local CDH5 cluster.

The log states
"14/07/07 11:59:29 INFO ui.SparkUI: Started SparkUI at
http://10.0.0.63:58750

"

but when you client the spark UI link (ApplicationMaster or

http://10.0.0.63:58750), I will got a 404 with the redirect URI

 http://localhost/proxy/application_1404443455764_0010/

Looking at the Spark code, notice that the "proxy" is reallya variable
to get the proxy at the yarn-site.xml http address. But when I
specified the value at yarn-site.xml, it still doesn't work for me.

Oddly enough, it works for my co-worker on Pivotal HD cluster,
therefore I am still looking what's the difference in terms of cluster
setup or something else.

Chester