Thanks, setting the number of partitions to the number of executors helped a
lot and training with 20k entries got a lot faster.

However, when I tried training with 1M entries, after about 45 minutes of
calculations, I get this:

It's stuck at this point. The CPU load for the master is at 100% (so 1 of 8
cores is used), but the WebUI shows no active task, and after 30 more
minutes of no visible change I had to leave for an appointment.
I've never seen an error referring to this library before. Could that be due
to the new partitioning?

Edit: Just before sending, in a new test I realized this error also appears
when the amount of testdata is very low (here 500 items). This time it
includes a Java stacktrace though, instead of just stopping:

So, to sum it up, KMeans.train works somewhere inbetween 10k and 200k items,
but not outside this range. Can you think of an explanation for this
behavior?

Best regards,
Simon