Can we modify the mailing list to include permalinks to the thread in the
footer of every email? Or at least of the initial email in a thread?

I often find myself wanting to reference one thread from another, or from a
JIRA issue. Right now I have to google the thread subject and find the link
that way.

It would be nice to be able to find the permalink I need from the thread
itself.

It might also be helpful for people to include an unsubscribe link in the
footer. That is a common practice in most mailing lists.

Nick