Thanks, Jerry. Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:48:27 -0400 Subject: Re: Spark SQL and Hive tables From: [email protected] To: [email protected]
Hi Sameer, The blog post you referred to is about Spark SQL. I don't think the intent of the article is meant to guide you how to read data from Hive via Spark SQL. So don't worry too much about the blog post. The programming guide I referred to demonstrate how to read data from Hive using Spark SQL. It is a good starting point. Best Regards, Jerry On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Sameer Tilak <[email protected]> wrote: Hi Michael,Thanks. I am not creating HiveContext, I am creating SQLContext. I am using CDH 5.1. Can you please let me know which conf/ directory you are talking about? From: [email protected] Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:34:53 -0700 Subject: Re: Spark SQL and Hive tables To: [email protected] In particular, have you put your hive-site.xml in the conf/ directory? Also, are you creating a HiveContext instead of a SQLContext? On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Jerry Lam <[email protected]> wrote: Hi Sameer, Maybe this page will help you: https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-programming-guide.html#hive-tables Best Regards, Jerry On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Sameer Tilak <[email protected]> wrote: Hi All,I am trying to load data from Hive tables using Spark SQL. I am using spark-shell. Here is what I see: val trainingDataTable = sql("""SELECT prod.prod_num, demographics.gender, demographics.birth_year, demographics.income_group FROM prod p JOIN demographics d ON d.user_id = p.user_id""") 14/07/25 14:18:46 INFO Analyzer: Max iterations (2) reached for batch MultiInstanceRelations14/07/25 14:18:46 INFO Analyzer: Max iterations (2) reached for batch CaseInsensitiveAttributeReferences java.lang.RuntimeException: Table Not Found: prod. I have these tables in hive. I used show tables command to confirm this. Can someone please let me know how do I make them accessible here?
