To read/write  from/to Cassandra I recommend you to use the Spark-Cassandra
connector at [1]
Using it, saving a Spark Streaming RDD to Cassandra is fairly easy:

sparkConfig.set(CassandraConnectionHost, cassandraHost)
val sc = new SparkContext(sparkConfig)
val ssc = new StreamingContext(sc, Seconds(x))
stream.foreachRDD{ rdd => {rdd.saveToCassandra(keyspace, table); ()}}

The most recent version has additional support for creating the
streamingContext with the cassandra config, effectively merging the 2nd and
3rd lines above.

-kr, Gerard.

[1] https://github.com/datastax/spark-cassandra-connector/

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com