Isn't this your worker running out of its memory for computations,
rather than for caching RDDs? so it has enough memory when you don't
actually use a lot of the heap for caching, but when the cache uses
its share, you actually run out of memory. If I'm right, and even I am
not sure I have this straight, then the answer is that you should tell
it to use less memory for caching.