Marcelo,

Specifying the driver-class-path yields behavior like
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2420 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2848  It feels like opening a can
of worms here if I also need to replace the guava dependencies.

Wouldn’t calling “./make-distribution.sh —skip-java-test —hadoop 2.4.1
—with-yarn —tgz” include the appropriate versions of the hadoop libs into the
spark jar?

I’m trying to rebuild using the hadoop-provided profile, but I’m getting
several build errors.  Is this sufficient:  mvm -Phadoop-provided clean package
-Phadoop-2.4 -Pyarn -Dyarn.version=2.4.1 -Dhadoop.version=2.4.1 -DskipTests

Or am I missing something completely?  What is the time frame to have the above
JIRA issues resolved?

mn