From: Matei Zaharia [mailto:matei.zaha...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:47 AM
To: Mishra, Abhishek
Cc: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Installation On Windows machine

You should be able to just download / unzip a Spark release and run it on a
Windows machine with the provided .cmd scripts, such as bin\spark-shell.cmd.
The scripts to launch a standalone cluster (e.g. start-all.sh) won't work on
Windows, but you can launch a standalone cluster manually using

bin\spark-class org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master

and

bin\spark-class org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker spark://master:port

For submitting jobs to YARN instead of the standalone cluster, spark-submit.cmd
*may* work but I don't think we've tested it heavily. If you find issues with
that, please let us know. But overall the instructions should be the same as on
Linux, except you use the .cmd scripts instead of the .sh ones.

Matei