You may configure listening host and port in the same way as HiveServer2 of
Hive, namely:

   -

   via environment variables
    - HIVE_SERVER2_THRIFT_BIND_HOST
      - HIVE_SERVER2_THRIFT_PORT
    -

   via system properties
    - hive.server2.thrift.bind.host
      - hive.server2.thrift.port

For the latter, you may pass the properties via command line:

$ ./sbin/start-thriftserver2 --hiveconf hive.server2.thrift.bind.host
<your-hostname> --hiveconf hive.server2.thrift.port <your-port>

This behavior is inherited from Hive since Spark SQL Thrift server is a
variant of HiveServer2.
​