Thanks, Sean, I'll try to explain, what I'm trying to do.

The native component, that I'm talking about is the native code, that I call
using JNI.
I've wrote small test

Here, I traverse through the collection to call the native component N
(1000) times.
Then I have a result

it means, that I'm able to get 10 req/sec by calling native component.

And I would like to achieve the same result (not less) on a single node
using spark.
Then I've started 1 node cluster and runned next code on it:

Here I've provided partitions = 1000, but the response time was not the
same, but a lot more worse:

Operation filtered.top(10)(Ordering.Double) is blocking, as I understand, at
this time closure inside the map transformation starts to execute, calling
native component is blocking there. If I could make it non-blocking, I would
expect increase in performance.

What do you think?
How would you improve code? Or what spark configurations to look for?
(Sorry, I'm quite new to Spark)