From: innowireless TaeYun Kim [mailto:taeyun....@innowireless.co.kr]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 8:18 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: RE: Bulk-load to HBase

Hi,

After reading several documents, it seems that saveAsHadoopDataset cannot
use HFileOutputFormat.

It's because saveAsHadoopDataset method uses JobConf, so it belongs to the
old Hadoop API, while HFileOutputFormat is a member of mapreduce package
which is for the new Hadoop API.

Am I right?

If so, is there another method to bulk-load to HBase from RDD?

Thanks.