On 02.10.2014, at 13:32, Mark Mandel <mark.man...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I store a JAR on a cluster? Is that through storm-submit with a deploy
> mode of "cluster” ?

Well, just upload it? scp, ftp, and so on. Ideally your build server would put
it there.

>  How do I run an already uploaded JAR with spark-submit? I can't seem to find
> any documentation for this?

Just run spark-submit without any arguments, it will show you everything it
supports.

> I actually want to build a REST service for querying data at runtime from
> Spark (that is exactly my end use case), so having documentation on how to
> use this feature would be fantastic.

There’s no real documentation on this because that’s not how it works
unfortunately. You can search for a discussion I had on this group a couple of
weeks ago. Typically you would store aggregates in a database. I ended up
outputting Parquet files and reading them via SparkSQL. It works, but it’s not
as fast as a database.