Hey Ryan,

I've found that filing issues with the Scala/Typesafe JIRA is pretty
helpful if the issue can be fully reproduced, and even sometimes
helpful if it can't. You can file bugs here:

https://issues.scala-lang.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

The Spark SQL code in particular is typically the source of these, as
we use more fancy scala features. In a pinch it is also possible to
recompile and test code without building SQL if you just run tests for
the specific module (e.g. streaming). In sbt this sort of "just
works":

sbt/sbt "streaming/test-only a.b.c*"

In maven it's more clunky but if you do a "mvn install" first then (I
think) you can test sub-modules independently:

mvn test -pl streaming ...

- Patrick