Hi,

It might be a naive question, but I still wish that somebody could help me
handle it.

I have a textFile, in which every 4 lines represent a record. Since
SparkContext.textFile() API deems of one line as a record, it does not fit
into my case. I know that SparkContext.hadoopFile or newAPIHadoopFile API
can read a file in an arbitrary format, but I do not know how to use them. I
think that there must be some API which can easily solve this problem, but I
am kind of a bad googler and cannot find it by myself online.

Would it be possible for somebody to tell me how to use the API? I run Spark
based on Hadoop 1.2.1 rather than Hadoop 2.x. I wish that I could get
several lines of code which actually works, if possible.

Thanks very much.