I am a Scala / Spark newbie (attending Paco Nathan's class).

What I need is some advice as to how to set up intellij (or eclipse) to be
able to attache to the process executing to the debugger.  I know that this
is not feasible if the code is executing within the cluster.  However, if
spark is running locally (on my laptop) I would like to attach the debugger
process to the spark program that is running locally to be able to step
through the program.

Any advice will be is helpful.

Eric

--

*Eric Tanner*Big Data Developer

[image: JustEnough Logo]

15440 Laguna Canyon, Suite 100

Irvine, CA 92618

Cell:
Tel:
Skype:
Web:

  +1 (951) 313-9274
  +1 (949) 706-0400
  e <http://tonya.nicholls.je/>ric.tanner.je
  www.justenough.com

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this email and
document(s) attached are for the exclusive use of the addressee and may
contain confidential, privileged and non-disclosable information. If the
recipient of this email is not the addressee, such recipient is strictly
prohibited from reading, photocopying, distribution or otherwise using this
email or its contents in any way.