Hi all,

I'd like to be able to modify values in a DStream, and then send it off to
an external source like Cassandra, but I keep getting Serialization errors
and am not sure how to use the correct design pattern. I was wondering if
you could help me.

I'd like to be able to do the following:

 wordCounts.foreachRDD( rdd => {

       val arr = record.toArray

})

I would like to use the "arr" to send back to cassandra, for instance:

Use it like this:

val collection = sc.parallelize(Seq(a.head._1, a.head_.2))
collection.saveToCassandra(....)

Or something like that, but as you know, I can't do this within the
"foreacRDD" but only at the driver level. How do I use the "arr" variable
to do something like that ?

Thanks for any help,

Harold