I have created a Serversocket program which you can find over here
https://gist.github.com/akhld/4286df9ab0677a555087 It simply listens to the
given port and when the client connects, it will send the contents of the
given file. I'm attaching the executable jar also, you can run the jar as:

java -jar SocketBenchmark.jar student 12345 io

​Here student is the file which will be sent to the client whoever connects
on 12345, i have it tested and is working with SparkStreaming
(socketTextStream).​

Thanks
Best Regards