MADLib (http://madlib.net/) was designed to bring large-scale ML techniques to
a relational database, primarily postgresql.  MLlib assumes the data exists in
some Spark-compatible data format.

I would suggest you pick the library that matches your data platform first.

DISCLAIMER: I am the original author of MADLib, though EMC/Pivotal assumed
ownership rather quickly.

~~~~~~
May All Your Sequences Converge